Close your eyes and breathe deep – your senses tell you you are now hovering above Provence! The heady scent of lavender is strongest in the heart of the summer, from mid-June to early August is when the fine stalks wave in the wind, blue prairies stretched as far as the eye can see. Lavender fields cover the high plateaux in the Sault area, at the base of Mont Ventoux. Lavender grows in the Apt area, in the Luberon and in the Valréas Enclave and bloom from late June to mid October, depending on the area and the seasonal weather. Best is from the last week in June through July. It is harvested from July to September. Lavender is a Mediterranean plant and is the most popular of aromatic plants known for its perfume and therapeutic virtues. The Romans already used it for its olfactory qualities. Moreover, the word “Lavender” comes from de verb “laver” that means to wash. Personally, I spray bed sheets before falling asleep at night, and I use it as an aftershave in the morning. I am addicted to eau de lavande!
- A Luxurious Crab & Truffle Risotto to Die For
- How to Make a Provencal Olive Tart, Anchovies Optional…
- Just When You Thought Nitrates Were Bad…Bacon is Now Healthy!
- Bitter Lemons, Mediterranean Musings and Two Recipes
- Bouillabaisse, the Rolls-Royce of Seafood
- One Delicious Summer Recipe
- The Mighty Turmeric, the King of Curry Spices, with a Fish Curry Recipe!
- The Cruciferous Files
- Meditations on Martian Cuisine
- On a Bright Sunny Day, December 17th 1970…
- Crazy Food Pictorial
- A Mediterranean Diet Can Cut Heart Attacks by 30%
- Tales from the Larder: Pleasant Persian Surprises
- Meanderings on Supermarket Duping, Reading Labels and Eating Simply
- Cannelloni Exposed
- Monsanto Unmasked!
- The World of Crazy Sushi, in Pictures.
- How to Make a Fool-Proof Salad Dressing
- A Japanese Salad Tale
- About Diet Fads & a Great (Healthy) Salad Recipe!
- austex54 on A Luxurious Crab & Truffle Risotto to Die For
- tnichlsn on A Luxurious Crab & Truffle Risotto to Die For
- A luxurious truffled crab risotto | patricjuillet.com on The Splendor of Risotto
- runescape 3 gold on The Big Drought
- fifa 14 coins pc on Nostalgic Foods, Part 1
- fifa 14 coins pc on Christmas in Provence: History and Recipes!
- Капитан Филлипс гугл on How to Cook a Moroccan Tagine.
- Капитан Филлипс гугл on The Magic Bulbs: Onions
- Капитан Филлипс гугл on The Mighty Tomato vs Monsanto
- runescape 3 gold on Italian Delights
- runescape 3 gold on “Lavender is the soul of Provence” – Jean GIONO
- runescape 3 gold on Hotter Potatoes
- prnewswire.com on Al Fresco: the Relaxed World of Picnics
- prnewswire on World Media Views on the Democratic Convention
- prnewswire on A Culinary Tour of my (Overworked) Stomach
- www.prnewswire.com on Malaysian Delights
- runescape 3 gold on The Garlic Wars, Updated.
- runescape gold on Book Cover
- runescape 3 gold on Foraging: Living Off the Fat of the Land
- runescape 3 gold on How to Make a Fool-Proof Salad Dressing
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011